Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Conference presentation accepted

Excellent news: My conference paper has been accepted by the MRIA's National Conference Program Committee. I'll be presenting on my Audience Development work with the National Arts Centre Orchestra in Winnipeg, May 25-28, 2008. Of course, now I'll have to craft a worthy presentation.

I'm planning to demonstrate the application of insights derived from various types of research methodologies in solving a major business issue at the nation’s leading live performing arts venue. (That's a mouthful!) Because I not only conducted the research but facilitated the strategy process, the outstanding business results (see previous postings) achieved already make a great example for "return on research invesment."

I'm also planning on making an argument for the idea of "integrated research." After all, today integrated marketing and integrated decision-making are everywhere - at least in words if not in deed - and I see opportunities for marketing researchers to advance a conversation about customer insight and its application.

No comments: