Monday, September 17, 2007

First post

Hi there:
I've started my own strategy consultancy a few months back. It's called Strategic Moves - Thinking: Business.

Coming from 10 years in the agency world - and another 6 before that in book publishing - I figured I should have a web presence. But rather than a "web site" I thought something interactive like a blog - something where a conversation can happen. That could be interesting. Might even be meaningful if we keep at it.

I invite you to a conversation about people and the power we have to shape and transform business. Put another way, customer insight meets creative business strategy. Or yet another, what does a business or an organization have to do, how does it have to behave, in order to gain the trust, respect and, yes, purchase power of its audiences? With the rapid changes marketing and communications has experienced, driven by real people, not so much by gurus, all manner of organizations have been challenged to learn to connect again. Marketing professionals and their agencies seem pre-occupied with how to "harness consumer power" - as if that was actually possible.

I'm interested in thinking about that kind of thing and I'm interested in sharing experiences about what's working and what's not.

Let's chat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think. It is quite refreshing to have the power of the individual acknowledged in the marketing continuum. Freedom of thought and the creativity that people bring to how they view the world foster a wealth of ideas that, if harnassed -- after of course being acknowledged -- can make connecting and communicating more integral to the activity of marketing.